Trench Shoring Boxes’ 2020 | $500 Scholarship for Engineering, Marketing, & Web Development Students
The scholarship funds may only be used for tuition and books and will be paid directly to the winning applicant’s educational institution. A committee will select the winner based on the essay submitted on the topic below.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Scholarships granted will be for the school year beginning on or about the following September.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a half-time student or greater with the intent of seeking a career in engineering, marketing, or web development.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be entering their second year or higher of a Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in any year in an advanced degree (MS, PhD, MD, or comparable) program
- Complete online application by 2021.
- Create a blog post and host it on your blog (or school’s blog) for review. If you don’t have access to a blog, then check out wordpress.com. Very easy to use.
- The winner agrees to the use of their photo and other very basic information on the winner page of this website.
Blog Post Subject & Necessary Elements
- Write a blog post about how trench boxes keep workers safe (in English).
- The blog post must be at least 500 words.
- Posted to your personal blog or your school’s blog.
- The blog should have at least one and no more than 2 authoritative links back to trenchshoringboxes.com. Here are posts that mention OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). Reference them.
- You must be the author. The work your own and the bog post set to public view.
Applications and links to blog posts are accepted between Jan 1st and July 31st
The winner will be notified via email by September.